Colleges and universities find NEMA to be an outstanding partner in giving their students access to the museum field. By becoming an academic member of NEMA, you support your students’ scholarship and careers through thought leadership, professional development, and networking. Academic members pay a flat fee per program and all students and faculty in that program are offered free NEMA memberships each year.
To join NEMA online as an Academic Affiliate member (program staff, faculty, and students), click the “Join Us” button and enter the promo code provided by your academic program when prompted in the cart.
Now’s your chance to join the museum community and receive terrific benefits for your professional advancement. Here’s a preview:
- Receive our acclaimed NEMA publications (including our journal New England Museums Now and NEMA eNews), delivered directly to your inbox.
- Enjoy discounts on NEMA’s professional development curriculum, including the annual NEMA conference, workshop series, and webinars.
- Get discounts on NEMA publications, including the popular National Comparative Salary & Benefits Study.
- Participate in the NEMA PAGs (professional affinity groups) and online discussion group – your ticket to collaborating with museum colleagues.
- Attend informal networking events in your area and develop professional friendships that enhance your career.
- Free or discounted admission to other museums, through NEMA’s Museum Admission Program.
Download the full list of benefits for Academic Affiliates here.
What do your colleagues say?