Individual membership in NEMA unlocks all the benefits you’ll need to advance your museum career. Choose a level that best describes you (same benefits apply to both):
Museum Professional $50
Individuals working with or within museums or related nonprofits, including independent museum professionals
Job hunting (currently unemployed), full-time student, retiree, or museum volunteer
Click here to download a detailed PDF of Individual Member Benefits.
Professional Development and Networking
- Professional Affinity Groups
- Annual NEMA Conference: A must-attend event for every museum professional.
- Workshops: One-day programs that offer high-quality, affordable training.
- Lunch with NEMA: Informal professional development on the last Wednesday of the month.
- Regional networking events
- New England Museums Now: Our quarterly electronic journal of issues and trends.
- NEMA eNews: Our quarterly email newsletter.
- NEMA Jobs: List staff and volunteer positions on the NEMA website.
- National Comparative Salary & Benefits Study
- White Papers & Benchmarking Surveys: Thought leadership and research to help your productivity.
- NEMA Marketplace: Access the museum field’s best resources.
- Discounted insurance, retirement programs, marketing opportunities, technology, supplies, and more.
- Museum Admission Program
- Online Discussion Group
- Museum Document Exchange
- NEMA 911: Got a problem? Give NEMA a call