As one of New England’s museums, you owe it to your institution to become a NEMA member. Our community includes museums of all disciplines, large and small, which consider NEMA to be a valuable investment in their employees, board members, and future. In order to encourage participation of all museums, membership dues are based on budget size, but the same benefits apply to all institutions.
Click here to download a detailed PDF of Institutional Member Benefits.
Employee and Board Benefits
- Complimentary Institutional Affiliate Membership extended to your employees and board members.
- Museum Admission Program providing your employees and board members with complimentary or discounted admission to participating museums.
- New England Museums Now: Our quarterly electronic journal of issues and trends.
- NEMA eNews: Our quarterly email newsletter.
- NEMA Jobs: List staff and volunteer openings on the NEMA website.
- National Comparative Salary & Benefits Study
- White Papers & Benchmarking Surveys: Thought leadership and research to help your productivity.
- NEMA Marketplace: Access the museum field’s best resources.
Professional Development and Networking
- Annual NEMA Conference: A must-attend event for every museum professional.
- Workshops: One-day programs that offer high-quality, affordable training.
- Lunch with NEMA: Informal professional development on the last Wednesday of the month.
- Regional networking events
- ALL current and new institutional members of NEMA that enroll in American Association for State and Local History's StEPs program receive a complimentary registration for one AASLH live webinar. AASLH maintains a year round calendar of continuing education programs. For more information, contact Cherie Cook, AASLH Senior Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-893-5164.
- Discounted insurance, retirement programs, marketing opportunities, technology, supplies, and more.
- Online Discussion Group
- Museum Document Exchange
- Mailing List
- NEMA 911: Got a problem? Give NEMA a call.