New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks!
New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! is dedicated to engaging a diverse audience in relevant exhibitions, exemplary education and creative experiences as a vital innovative center for the arts.
• Founded in 1994 and incorporated in 1996/ merged with ArtWorks! in 2013
• Located in the historic downtown district of the City of New Bedford
• Educational private non-profit 501(c) 3 organization
• Annual budget of approximately $500,000 - between 7000-10,000 visitors annually
• 15-20 member Board of Trustees (meets 5 times annually)
• 4 full time staff (Executive Director, Director of Studio Education/Outreach, Exhibition Manger, and Membership/Administrative Coordinator) & Development Manager
• 4 Visitor Assistants and 20-30 contracted teachers and a Program Assistant
• Pro-active community partner - free Thursday nights / monthly programming with AHA; active member of the Seaport Cultural District and New England Museum Association
The Museum is a non-collecting institution. Exhibited art and objects are from artists’ collections, private collections, the New Bedford Free Public Library, and private and public cultural institutions.
• Galleries: Museum Shop, City Gallery, Heritage Gallery, The Vault, & Skylight Gallery
• Lower flex space: programming, education, clay studio, and museum offices
• Approximately 12 exhibitions each year (of different lengths)
• Exhibits the work of regional artists, contemporary art, cultural art objects and historic art