Wing Fort House
Known as the oldest house in New England owned and occupied continuously by the same family for over three centuries. Established in the 1640's, Stephen Wing's house has traditionally been called The Fort House.
Stephen Wing, with his mother Deborah Bachelor and brothers John and Daniel, was one of the early settlers of Sandwich, and a son of Rev. John Wing. From 1646 on, descendants of Stephen occupied the house, adding on as families grew and changing tastes dictated. Now restored, it is furnished almost entirely with Wing family antiques that bring to life different periods of its long history.
The house is open to the public. It is maintained by the Wing Family of America, Inc., a descendant organization which frequently brings its annual reunions back to the East Sandwich Wing property.