|I find NEMA to be the best forum for gathering colleagues and ideas together, for nurturing lifelong professional friendships and learning, and for framing messages about the importance of the work of museums in the communities we serve. Museums, and those of us who are NEMA members, are stronger because of NEMA’s work.
Lawrence J. Yerdon
President & CEO
Strawbery Banke Museum
You probably know NEMA best through the membership benefits you receive, as well as our annual conference, workshops, and other professional development opportunities we provide you. We truly appreciate your investment in these programs, as they provide the backbone of NEMA’s mission and annual budget.
But NEMA also provides many other services that benefit the museum community as a whole, in addition to individual museums and museum professionals. These include:
- Advocacy efforts on the national, regional, state, and local levels. NEMA is working hard on your behalf to raise awareness of museums and fight for cultural funding in these challenging times.
- Social action and thought leadership to lift up the field by encouraging a more diverse and inclusive museum profession, fair and equitable wages, and making museums essential to their communities.
- Scholarships and fellowships that make professional development accessible to museum professionals of many diverse backgrounds.
- Developing tools for museum leadership and career growth.
- Lunch with NEMA, our monthly webinar providing free professional development training to museum professionals in even the most remote areas of our region.
- Our acclaimed Museum People podcast, featuring the voices of a wide variety of museum folks – now with more than 18,000 listeners!
- And free NEMA networking events throughout the region each year, connecting and inspiring the field, and helping to build professional friendships that make a huge difference.
Your membership dues and revenues from our conference and workshops support only a portion of NEMA’s work. We depend on other sources of income – including your gifts – to help us address the “bigger picture” to help move the field forward. And that’s why we are encouraging you now to give to NEMAppeal 2017.
For the next week, June 12 – 16, 2017, we’re asking the NEMA family to contribute toward this fund. Our goal is $10,000, which will allow us to continue our work on behalf of the New England museum field and provide scholarships to our 2017 conference in Falmouth, Massachusetts, which will encourage the participation of diverse individuals and those new to the field or to NEMA.
To make a tax-deductible contribution to NEMAppeal, click on the "Donate Today" button and choose your level of donation. Whether it's $10 or $100, please give whatever feels right for you. But please give. As NEMA enters its 99th year of service, your generosity helps us pursue a future of inclusion, openness, and engagement for the field to which we are so devoted.
Remember, the deadline is June 16. Thanks for your donation!
NEMA is a tremendous resource to The House of the Seven Gables Settlement Association. Key staff members benefit from timely and relevant professional development and networking opportunities. We often look to resources, such as the sample documents, when reviewing or developing policies. And each month we eagerly await the NEMA Stats report so we can evaluate our visitation levels relative to other sites. We support NEMA because NEMA supports us.
The House of the Seven Gables Settlement Association