CTPlaces Coalition Advocacy Day 2017
On March 29, 2017, NEMA and the CTPlaces Coalition will host Advocacy Day at the state capitol in Hartford to illustrate the importance of public investment in Connecticut humanities, libraries, museums, history, and preservation organizations. Please join us to advocate for our common cause and let your representatives know what matters to you.
RSVP here to attend the event.
The day's schedule will be as follows:
- 10:30 am: Advocacy Workshop with the New England Museum Association
- 11:45 am: Lunch Break
- 1:00 pm: Legislative Briefing (LOB)
- 2:00 pm: Visit with Lawmakers
- 3:00 pm: Exhibits Officially Open in State Capitol (1st Floor, North & Hale Lobbies)
- 3:20 pm: Remarks (Hale Lobby)
- 4:30 pm: Exhibits Conclude
Contact Meg Winikates at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-641-0013 to sign your organization up to have a tabletop display at the event (the more colorful and engaging, the better!)
Invite your legislators to attend the event, and spread the word over social media (sample language available here).
NEMA and the Drinking About Museums-Hartford are hosting an informal reception at Little River Restoratives following CTPlaces Coalition Advocacy Day at the CT State Capitol. RSVP here.